Question about Oracle ODBC

From: <xiaodipi_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 1998 20:34:15 GMT

 Personal Oracle 8 is installed in my PC(win95). I try to run a VC++ program which is provided in MS MSDN "samples\mfc\database\catalog2". This VC++ code use ODBC to access the other databases. I try to connect the Oracle ODBC driver. After I input "service name", "username", and "password", a error message displayed "ODBC static cursors required for snapshot support". I guessed I need create a new snapshot in the local database in Oracle 8 Navigator. So I tried to create a new snapshot as following: First I build a new "Data connection(remote)", then drag one table in "Database Connetions" onto the folder "snapshot" in local database, but there was a error message displayed " ORA-02082 : a loopback databse link must have a connection qualifer". I read the help file about ORA-02082. But I still can not figure it out. Is there any one can figure it out? Thank you so much! I appreciate it!

Sincerely,
Hui