Perl Oracle on NT

From: Ron <mkshanx_at_uxmail.ust.hk>
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 1998 02:30:31 +0800

Hi,

We are developing some mission critical appications on Oracle and we had initially planned to use Microsoft Transaction Server using ASP (for the web). But the applications seem to be extremely slow in this manner...so we are deciding to move to Perl (using DBI) and using IIS as the server. (even though this means that the development cycle is going to be bigger now!)

I would appreciate if you could share your experiences in this regard..or is there any documented evidence to support this idea? Is perl indeed faster than ASP on NT?

Thanks for your time.

Best regards,
Ron Received on Fri Nov 20 1998 - 12:30:31 CST