Re: Oracle VS MS SQL

From: M Henwood <mhenwoo_at_ibm.net>
Date: 20 Nov 1998 07:16:25 GMT

I can offer our experience - we use SQL and databases in the few GB size range. Our interface is Access and or VB. There is no problem at all with stability in this size - assuming of course you have installed and the service packs. Performance is, in my view, primarily driven by the application programmers skill level. In our application we do lots of math on lots of records and performance is acceptable.

The reason I'm looking at this forum is because we do packaged stuff and a lot of the market uses Oracle so we are looking at the problems of doing both back ends - not to bash either SQL or Oracle.

Good luck - your application is pretty small on the data size so it should be fairly quick

Christian Sander Rosnes <christian.rosnes_at_link.nolink.no> wrote in article <72pgdn$mg1_at_grandma.link.no>...