Re: oracle and macintosh

From: Joost Ouwerkerk <joost.ouwerkerk_at_sickkids.on.ca>
Date: 1998/11/19

We are using SQL*Plus 3.1.3.5.4, SQL*Loader 7.1.4.2.2, Reports 2.5.4 and Forms 4.5 macintosh client software accessing Oracle 7.3.2.3.0 on AIX. The clients access the server using SQL*Net; I'm not sure what version.

Performance is equal to or better than similar PC clients, although we've experienced some instability with Reports 2.5 (which may be due to bad coding on developer's part?)

As far as I know, Oracle has dropped macintosh development in favour of cross-platform thin client alternatives.