Re: Weird ORA-06502 error

From: Dana Smith <dsmith_at_velcro.com>
Date: 1998/11/19

You don't state what version of Oracle you are using but I have experienced a bug in the server code where the symptoms are failures give the 6502 error -- I believe it to be fixed in 7.3.4. The problem related to shared pool memory corruption and in my environment at the time caused packages to randomly go invalid -- not a pretty picture which eventually would bring the system down... we worked around the issue by flushing the buffer pool on an hourly basis. Received on Thu Nov 19 1998 - 00:00:00 CST