Re: List Element Values

From: <cary_at_nams.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 1998 21:39:05 GMT

Hi, Nick,

  I don't know that combo boxes are really what you need since they are designed to allow users to enter new information. From what you say, it sounds like you would be better off switching to poplists and populating them just as you do your combo boxes (say via a block-level WHEN_NEW_BLOCK_INSTANCE trigger which programmatically creates a record group with CREATE_GROUP_FROM_QUERY, populates the group with POPULATE_GROUP, populates the list item with POPULATE_LIST, and deletes the temporary record group with DELETE_GROUP). When you say that you cannot set the default values, do you mean the list elements in the list item or the initial value of the list item? If you mean the list elements, you certainly can. If you mean the initial value, how are you presently doing it with your combo boxes, and why exactly can't you do the same with poplists? Perhaps I don't understand all the issues here as I am a novice to Oracle Forms.

Cary