ODBC Long column garbaged on retreival...

From: Dale Cook <dcook_at_scientech.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 1998 13:33:50 -0800

Howdy,

Many pardons if this has been answered recently, i've got about 5K messages to go thru here to catch up :-)

I'm trying to talk to an 8.0.5 database on a DEC Unix box via an ODBC connection from an NT4 IIS4 configuration running ASP. I've got the latest ODBC ora drivers from Oracle (8.0.5.1b), and still have this problem. Anyway, the problem is that long values are horked up when I retrieve them from the database. I can insert them fine. The first few characters are good, but there's binary crap thereafter. Supposedly, one of the patches addressed this problem as i recall reading it in one of the release notes files but I can't find it now. Microsoft's oracle driver works better, actually, except that under load the web server goes belly up.

Any ideas???

----dale

PS: In the course of trying to get this to work, I found a different bug in the Oracle driver: retrieval of columns defined as NUMBER(nn) in an oracle db via ODBC causes the select to fail with a no data found. Received on Thu Nov 19 1998 - 15:33:50 CST