Personal Oracle is eating up all my memory, HELP!

From: Lutz Heermann <wkst1.ik6_at_mchp.siemens.de>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 1998 14:05:19 +0000

Hi everybody,

If got PO8 running on NT4 and a stored procedure reading a big file (about 300MB), doing some computations on a couple of lines and then inserting some lines into a database, if everything was good or pass a message into pipe which is read by another procedure which puts the message into a file until now (later on it will try to solve the problem). While this process is running, PO8 keeps allocating more and more memory (from 17 MB up to 100MB memory usage in 6 hours).

Does anybody about the reasons? How can prevent PO8 from this behaviour?

I'm glad about any sugestions.

Lutz

PS: Please excuse my poor english

==
Lutz Heermann
Lutz.Heermann_at_rz.tu-ilmenau.de Received on Thu Nov 19 1998 - 08:05:19 CST