Bindsize and SQL-Loader

From: Philippe Chanton <pch_at_elca.ch>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 1998 11:02:32 +0100

Hello!
I am working under VMS version 6.2 with Oracle 7.3.6 and I am trying to load a file with 15'000 entries into a table using the SQL-Loader with conventional path. There are two flags (rows, bindsize) which make possible to reach a commit point after a desired number of rows loaded into the table.
I set the rows value to 15000 and I set the bindsize value to a very big

value like 9999999999999999999999, so normaly the commit point should be
reached only once: at the end of the file. But the SQL-Loader is reaching the commit statement after about 322 rows and not just once at the end. My question is: Is there an upper limit for the bindsize? If not, why can't I enlarge the number of rows of one transaction?

Thank's!
Philippe Received on Thu Nov 19 1998 - 04:02:32 CST