Help with sgadef file problem

From: <msmithers_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 1998/11/18

Can you help??
We currenly have oracle 7.3.3.3 installed on HP 10.20 with Aug 98 patches installed.
We have a database that starts o.k., but after a few minutes, we get the following error numbers reported from sqlplus: ora-1034 and ora-7319. At the same time the sgadef<sid>.dbf file goes from 84 bytes down to 0 bytes and the database hangs.

We currenlty have two other database servers with the same version of oracle and O/S, but we do NOT experiance the same results.

Has anybody got any ideas?

Regards,
Mark Smithers