ODBC Drivers for Digital Unix?

From: Craig Hulett <chulett181_at_email.msn.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 1998 18:53:51 -0700

Anybody using odbc drivers on a Digital Alpha Unix (4.0x) box? I've been told Intersolv 'doesn't make any' and the only other company we've stumbled across, OpenLink, we've been advised to avoid so I'm looking for some advise.

What we've got is a Universe-based product running on our Alpha server that can use ODBC to communicate with Oracle databases also on the Alphas. Now that Intersolv has been sucked up by MicroFocus, I'm a little confused about their driver offerings. They *do* have a product called 'SequelLink ODBC Server' that supports the Alphas as a platform, and 'SequelLink ODBC Client' that doesn't. Their other product, DataDirect, doesn't seem to support the Alphas. Can we use the SequelLink product and/or does anyone have any experience with them? Anybody using something else?

Thanks for any help,

Craig Received on Wed Nov 18 1998 - 19:53:51 CST