Re: Triggers and replication

From: Darryl E Balaski <darryl_e_balaski_at_groton.pfizer.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 1998 15:37:33 -0500

Manoj Goel wrote:

> Hi Guys,
>
> We are using Oracle 7.3 and have been asked not to use triggers
> as it will not allow us to replicate the data.
>
> Is it really true?
>
> Please let me know if that is really the case.
>
> Thanks
>
> Manoj

No, this is not true. Oracle in fact uses triggers to build defered transactions.
I am unaware of any reason not to have triggers on tables, provided they do not conflict with the replication trigger names -- we went through exercises like these two weeks ago at ORacle's Adv Replication Training.

dB Received on Wed Nov 18 1998 - 14:37:33 CST