Problem with Power Objects (BASIC)

From: Lars Schuster <L.Schuster_at_reiss.de>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 1998 11:25:02 +0100

Hi,

are there still any Power Objects (BASIC) programmer out there?

I have the following problem:
I have to use a client-given table with several columns. One column is unfortunatly
named CASE, but there is no possibilty to change the column name now. While I try
to read out information of this column in SQL+8.0 in the way

    "select case from agreement where agreement_id=10;" I get the correct content.

In OPO Basic I observed two behaviours: 1) Connected to a local Personal Oracle DB in this way

        DIM test AS variant
        test = SqlLookup(LocalDB,"select CASE from AGREEMENT where
AGREEMENT_ID=10")
    test was empty
2) Connected to a OPO-DB, BASIC interrupts the processing and reports the error BAS-01303

    (Error parsing SQL statement in SqlLookup)

Now, is there any chance to get rid of this behaviour and return the correct content?
I get the contents from the other column without problems. Just this bad named column causes
this problem.

Thanks for any help you can offer. Received on Wed Nov 18 1998 - 04:25:02 CST