no row, but index violated when insert

From: ªü´ö Thenardier <Thenardier_at_pk.POBoxes.com>
Date: 1998/11/17

hello,

i've got a problem. i'm trying to insert a new record into a table thru form. transaction fails but no message appears. i know it cos it returns *zero* row when i count (*) from the targeted table in sql+. ok. i try to insert the new record in sql+ and it ends up with a message telling me that the action has violated the unique index of the table.

can anyone tell me what's happening? and more important, how to handle it? as far as i know, i'm the only one who is working with that table. i don't think i can drop the table and rebuild it - cos that's an interface table in Oracle Order Entry... :(

pls help! thanx! btw, i can't wait till next time i come to the newsgroup. so pls email me if u can.

thenard

pls remove pk. in reply, thanx.
¦^ÂЮɽЧâpk. K ±¼, ÁÂÁÂ. Received on Tue Nov 17 1998 - 00:00:00 CST