Re: Slow deleting records

From: Nick Lehane <LehaneN_at_logica.com>
Date: 1998/11/17

These are possibilities, but I recently had exactly the same problem and it turned out to be the rollback segments in my dbspace. When you delete from a table it holds a copy of the deleted records in a rollback segment so that you can change your mind and restore them. If you are deleting and are sure you definitely won't want to rollback, you can use the TRUNCATE command instead, ie

TRUNCATE TABLE tablename;

NB This PERMANENTLY deletes records so be careful how you use it.

I would however suggest trying the other suggestions first.

Good luck,

Nick Received on Tue Nov 17 1998 - 00:00:00 CST