Visual Foxpro - Oracle Problem

From: Jeff <jbridges_at_home.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 1998 01:04:32 GMT

Sorry for posting this here, but I'm at my wits end.

Background:

Client Machine:

1). P200
2). 80 Meg RAM
3). NT(SP3) (Have run this with SP4, to no avail)
4). MS Oracle ODBC Driver 2.573.292700
     -or-

    Oracle73 Ver 2.6
5) Latest Oracle Client Release (sorry, I forgot the version, but I did confirm this with Oracle)

Server:

Sun Ultra-Enterprise 10,000
Solaris 2.6
Oracle Release 7.3.3.0.0

Code:

create sql view remote_cust_info remote connection isdw as SELECT Customer.BILLING_SYSTEM_ID, Customer.CUSTOMER_ID,;   Customer.ADDRESS_LINE_1, Customer.ADDRESS_LINE_2, Customer.CITY,;   Customer.CODE_STATE, Customer.CODE_ZIP, Customer.CODE_ZIP_LAST4 FROM ISDW.CUSTOMER Customer

The connection tests out fine.

This code has worked in the past, but now (for whatever reason), ODBC will return "Invalid Cursor State". I know it doesn't mean a Foxpro cursor. I also experience the same failures when using VB to connect to the same data.

I was just wondering if anybody else experienced this problem, and if so, what were the solutions?

One other thing, this view is sucking down >5,000,000 records over a 56k T-1 line. I give anything for a really fat line to the data :-)

TIA, Jeff

Will post to applicable ODBC NG's also Received on Tue Nov 17 1998 - 19:04:32 CST