How to identify database product

From: audun <auj_at_storebrand.no>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 1998 09:04:52 +0100

We have a replication solution with SPs that will run on both the Server and Personal Oracle. I need a foolproof (and prefereably easy) method of identifying if my SP is executing on the server or the PE. Is there a better way than parsing through the v$version looking for the 'Personal Edition'-string?

TIA
AJ Received on Tue Nov 17 1998 - 02:04:52 CST