OCI and sql2oci.h

From: Timothy A. Martin <martin_at_gnncast.net>
Date: 1998/11/16

Relating to: Oracle 8.0.5 precompilers and libraries.

Does anybody know how to free the memory that was allocated with SQLSvcCtxGet() ? Eh? I thought I'd treat it as if it had been allocated with OCIHandleAlloc() ; however, it didn't quite work right (core dumps). I'm using free() right now (which does work); however, I'm afraid that there might be a memory leak because I'm not getting all that was allocated.

And why don't you **really** have to call OCIInitialize() ? The sample programs don't call it - and things work fine when I don't call it. Nothing different appears to happen when I do call it. Any knowledge here?

    Thank you,