database triggers!

From: <janakah_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 1998 02:57:59 GMT

I got two tables called file_volumes(master) and file_history( details) and a foreign key is specified on file_history table. I wrote a simple database trigger based on file_volumes table to insert a new record into file_history whenever file_volumes is updated. Then with the trigger enabled when I try to update file_volumes I got an error ORA-04091 - name is mutating, trigger may not read or modify it

I drop the foreign key constraint on the file_history table and then the trigger works without any errors.

Can someone explain to me the problem caused by the foreign key constraint ?

Thanks in advance

Janaka