Oracle Report 2.5 : Why my report is not Bitmap?

From: <azhan98_at_tm.net.my>
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 1998 11:01:00 GMT

Hi all,

I have problem regarding Oracle Report 2.5 I have an Oracle Application (Oracle Manufacturing) in my company. Last time, I have developed a report using Oracle Report 2.0. We have successfully "run the report and print it in a Bitmap format from the Oracle Application".

These is what I did last time. 1) In Application Developer, after defining the executetable, under \Concurrent\ Program, I then specify the Report name,defination bla..blaa and the most important thing is under Execution Option I specify VERSION=2.0b ORIENTATION=PORTRAIT. Also, in the style we specify Postscript and select Required (style) to Yes.

2) Of course, I have to define the Postcript style first.

# Last time, our application is under character mode 10.4 version

Now, we have migrate the application to Release 11. We copy exactly the same configuration from the previous version for Postscript defination. (The printer code, commands etc).I did exactly the same (the step I mentioned above) but now I'm using Oracle Report 2.5.

I have attended the Oracle Report 2.5 Training and I remember the report is by default in a Bitmap mode in Report 2.5."Only if we want to run it under character character mode" than only I need to specify some configuration under System Parameter (Like MODE etc..) and under the report propertis itself to make it run in character mode.

I really don't understand. My application is now Release 11 (which is a GUI version - no more character) and my Oracle Report is 2.5.So, I think nothing I need to do actually because I only need to run under GUI (not character mode).Somehow, after the report Completed Normal and print out from the printer, 'IT'S STILL IN THE CHARACTER MODE".

I have make a simple test, just want to see the BITMAP take effect (BOLD, Bigger Font, Straight Line , not dotted line ----- etc) but until now I still get frustrated.I also have tried specify the Execution Option, VERSION=2.5B and still it doesn't work.

If somebody can help me on what or where it was or might going wrong, I'll greatly appreciate it.
My printer is HP LaserJet 5N. Or, can somebody give me the "very detail instruction" so that
the BITMAP report should work. What are "ALL" the thing "I need to know or check" in the client
or server. I just want to see my report comes out in a BITMAP.

Again, please help me because I don't have much experience (especially in the server file area)
I'm not saying I have give-up, but please help me if you can.

Thanks for replying my message.

Desperate Measure,
Norazman