Script to check OAS

From: <caliban_at_pacifier.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 1998 04:51:44 GMT

I need to find a way to check some of our OAS URLs to see if they are still accessible. We've discovered, to our dismay, that the OAS can hum along happily without realizing that URL's associated via DAD's are completely inaccessible. I was thinking of using a web client generated with Perl's LWP package (which is how we're allowing internet users to get at the URL's right now), but I think I will run into the same problem I have now. The Perl script will drop into neverland just like the OAS addresses do.

Haven't actually tried my solution yet, but I thought there might be someone out there who'd actually had this problem before, and found a way to fix it. Any takers? Received on Sat Nov 14 1998 - 22:51:44 CST