Weird ORA-06502 error

From: Antti Rauhala <antti.rauhala_at_tietosavo.fi>
Date: 1998/11/13

Hello everybody,
I get an ORA-06502 (numeric or value error) in a PL/SQL procedure. The funny thing is that the statement which causes the error has already been executed several times, and the statement is a static boolean value assignment.

This procedure is used for data warehouse loading, and it should process a large number of rows. Now the execution ends after 20000-50000 rows. The number of rows processed before the error is never exactly the same, even though the source tables have not changed! And, as I said earlier, the problem statement already has been executed many times. I don't understand how a static assignment like bReject := FALSE; can change so that once it executes ok and after that it causes an error.

I'm all confused with this, please help if you can. Here's a piece of my code:

bReject BOOLEAN;

IF (bReject = FALSE) THEN
  BEGIN
    INSERT INTO DWF1_ENNUSTE(

 dwf1_kayttopaikka, dwf1_aika,
 dwf1_sopimus, dwf1_komponentti,
 dwf1_mk, dwf1_maara)

    VALUES(
 iKPSur, iAikaSur,
 iSopSur, iKompSur,
 dMkSumma, dMaaraSumma)

    ;
    EXCEPTION WHEN DUP_VAL_ON_INDEX THEN       bReject := TRUE;
  END;
END IF; All help would be appreciated!
Regards,
Antti Rauhala
Tietosavo Oy
antti.rauhala_at_tietosavo.fi Received on Fri Nov 13 1998 - 00:00:00 CST