Re: Oracle doesn't want to open the database at startup

From: <satar_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: 1998/11/13

y2k% oerr ora 01207
01207, 00000, "file is more recent than control file - old control file"

// *Cause:  The control file change sequence number in the data file is
//         greater than the number in the control file. This implies that
//         the wrong control file is being used. Note that repeatedly causing
//         this error can make it stop happening without correcting the real
//         problem. Every attempt to open the database will advance the
//         control file change sequence number until it is great enough.
// *Action: Use the current control file or do backup controlfile recovery to
//         make the control file current. Be sure to follow all restrictions
//         on doing a backup controlfile recovery.
y2k%

Satar Naghshineh
Oracle DBA/UNIX System Admin
Advanced Enterprise Solutions