Date Formats in Oracle 8.x

From: <dmurphy4086_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: 1998/11/13

Hi - we are porting an app from DB2/400 to Oracle. When binding dates to strings in the code dates come back mm-dd-yy. Is there a way in Oracle to tell the DB to return dates in the same format so that we can avoid changing code. The default in oracle appears to be the entire timestamp which overfows our GUI fields.

Thx
David Murphy
Columbine-JDS