Re: problems with RRRR format

From: Neville Sweet <sweet.neville.nj_at_bhp.com.au.no_junk_email>
Date: 1998/11/13

You don't mention your version of Forms.

An issue for Forms 4.5 is that it's version of PL/SQL (1.1) has a problem with the RR format specifier - a program unit using TO_DATE and RR won't work as intended. There appears to be no problem, however, if you simply use RR in an item's Format Mask property.

A workaround is to locate all TO_DATE conversions in server-side stored procedures, since the server already has a later version of PL/SQL.

Forms 5.0 uses PL/SQL 2.x, which I believe doesn't have this problem.

ravipadma_at_aol.com wrote in article <7287u6$cii$1_at_nnrp1.dejanews.com>...
> We are planning to use RRRR format at the form level for Y2K compliance.
 Did