Re: Oracle DATABASE LINK

From: Thomas Pall <tpall_at_bga.com>
Date: 1998/11/13

From Oracle Server Reference, Initialization Parameters:

"GLOBAL_NAMES
Default value:

FALSE Range of values:

TRUE/FALSE This parameter determines whether or not a database link is required to have the same name as the database to which it connects. If the value of GLOBAL_NAMES is FALSE, then no check is performed. Oracle recommends setting this parameter to TRUE to ensure the use of consistent naming conventions for databases and links."

mateev_at_geocities.com wrote:
: I made database link between two ORACLE Instances with this
: SQL statement:

: create database link SEC_DB_LINK
: connect to MYNAME
: identified by MYPWD
: using 'SEC_DB';

: I received error message ORA-02085 when I use this database link, because
: SEC_DB_LINK is
: not equal to SEC_DB.

: However I see this SQL statement create properly worked
: database link on another ORACLE server.

: Can anyone help me?

: Georgy Mateev
: mateev_at_geocities.com

: http://www.dejanews.com/ Search, Read, Discuss, or Start Your Own