Re: Does anyone still use Basic SQLPLUS Reports

From: Mark Powell <Mark.Powell_at_eds.com>
Date: 13 Nov 1998 21:44:53 GMT

We had several production reports written in native SQL*Plus using the reporting options, TTITLE, BTITLE, BREAK, and COMPUTE, etc... and for simple reports that you need quick I think this is valid.

However, we have ten times as many written in ancient rpt, which nobody knows.

Most people probably buy an adhoc tool like Data Browser, Data Discoverer, etc...
and for reporting you probably will want Oracle Reports, Crystal Reports, Cognos, or some similar product.

The problem is how to maintain these things as new versions of the tools keep coming out or these tools are replaced by web tools. Somehow the old code is usually left for later.

GMC <greater_at_justviewit.com> wrote in article <