JDBC, Oracle, and Oracle Long Datatypes

From: Jeff Kurtti <jkurtti_at_eriver.com>
Date: 1998/11/12

Has anyone worked with JDBC, tied to an Oracle 8.0.5 DB and trying to insert/update a Long datatype field that is over 2K in length?

We are trying to get that very scenario to work without success. Changing the datatype to CLOB is not an option. We also have not been able to access the Oracle Call Interface (OCI) from Java.

Any help anyone could offer would be appreciated.

Jeff Kurtti
Agency.Com
jkurtti_at_agency.com Received on Thu Nov 12 1998 - 00:00:00 CST