NT application log error message eventid 1008

From: Claude Constantineau <cconstan_at_ingr.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 15:50:01 -0700

Can anyone tell me what this message is.

The Open Procedure for service "Oracle7" in DLL "operfdll.dll" failed. Performance data for this service will not be available. Status code returned is DWORD 0.

I had Oracle 7.33 on my system and I recently installed Oracle 8.04 after which my application log was filled within 2 hours. It is logging the above message twice per minute every minute. Received on Thu Nov 12 1998 - 16:50:01 CST