call unix shell script from MVS ?

From: Gopal <gopal_at_tempest.temple.edu>
Date: 12 Nov 1998 15:03:21 GMT

Hi Folks

       I realize that this query may not be the best question for this forum because of its cross platform nature.

However some of the readers may have faced this situation.

I need to call a Unix shell script from an MVS batch file. Both the Unix box and the mainframe are on a TCP/IP based network. We do FTPin back and forth etc..

Further if a shell script is called from within the batch file will it do it in parallel or serial and will it know about the success or failure of the unix job ?

Please email your response to gopal_at_astro.ocis.temple.edu

Thank You
Gopal Received on Thu Nov 12 1998 - 09:03:21 CST