How do you learn and practice Oracle?

From: <Ameen2_at_msn.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 1998 18:15:22 GMT

Hello,

I've been told that it would be very expensive for me to buy Oracle software for the purpose of learning it at home. Can anyone give me an estimate on how much it would cost for me to buy the latest version of Oracle and also Linux in order for me to learn it on my home PC? I have Access 97 and i'm studying data base design on my own, but it seems as though I need something like Oracle in order to get a job in Database Admin/Dev.