Senior Software Developer

From: <idevelop_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 1998/11/10

I am interested in finding a contract development position in the Chicago, IL area. I have extensive professional experience developing software using: Oracle, C++, C, and other databases and languages on Windows NT and UNIX platforms.

If I have most of the skills that you need, please give my resume strong consideration because I will rapidly aquire any missing skills necessary to do an excellent job for you.

Please find my resume below for your consideration. I can be reached via email at the following address where we can make arrangements for further contact: idevelop_at_hotmail.com

Resume of: J.K.
email: idevelop_at_hotmail.com

PROFESSIONAL SUMMARY:
More than fifteen years of professional experience. Skills include system analysis, database design, and programming in a variety of environments. Capable of designing creative, practical and efficient system architectures.

TECHNICAL SUMMARY:
Oracle PL/SQL, Pro*C - 3 years Current
Informix (4GL) - 7+ years Prior Experience Sybase (T-SQL) - 2+ years Prior Experience SQR - 3 years Current
C - 14+ years Current
C++ - 7+ years Current
Windows NT - 3 years Current
UNIX - 14+ years Current

HARDWARE/OPERATING SYSTEMS:
Windows/NT, Windows 95, Windows 3.11, AT&T UNIX, Digital UNIX, SCO UNIX, Novell Netware, VOS, Compaq Proliant, Digital Alpha, IBM RS/6000, Sun Microsystems, AT&T 3B2, Stratus, MS-DOS

SOFTWARE:
Oracle 7.2/7.3, Oracle PL/SQL, Oracle Pro*C, Oracle OCI, Oracle Designer 2000, Oracle SQL Loader, Oracle SQL Plus, Microsoft Visual C++, UNIX C, Stratus C, Lattice C, Rogue Wave dbtools.h++, SQR, UNIX Korn Shell, PowerBuilder 4.0, Informix 4GL, Informix C-Isam, Sybase System 10 (transact-SQL), Borland C++, XVT, CommonBase, db_Vista, Faircom Server, BASIC EMPLOYMENT HISTORY
9/1995 - Present
Senior Programmer/Analyst At A Large Manufacturing Company
>> Senior team member of large Oracle software development group.
>> Responsible for completing numerous PL/SQL database packages, procedures,
 functions, and triggers.
>> Interact extensively with internal clients and service providers to
define user requirements and system design that consistently achieved or exceeded client expectations regarding performance and deadlines.
>> Frequently sought by other groups to provide consultation and analysis
 for problem resolution and troubleshooting advice.
>> Significantly contributed to numerous and various system projects.
Projects entailed both online transaction processing and decision support systems (data warehouse).
>> Coded new interfaces from the Oracle databases to other systems using
PL/SQL, C and C++ (Oracle to SNA connections for mainframe support, and Oracle to MAPI connections for multiple email transport support).

4/1993 - 8/1995
Senior Programmer/Analyst, At A Large Financial Institution
>> Successfully enhanced a large mortgage-backed securities accounting
system using Informix. Gathered requirements directly from users and published a thorough user requirements document. Developed numerous Informix-4gl procedures, screens, and complex financial reports.
>> Coordinated activities with other project leaders on a large multi-phase
 project for phased implementation.
>> Directed and managed other individuals in project development and
 implementation.
>> Facilitated user-acceptance testing.
>> Consulted on critical payroll system problems using PowerBuilder.
 Successfully resolved issues.
>> Invited to join a client/server prototype development team. Developed the
prototype system using PowerBuilder Enterprise, and Sybase System 10. As a result of the team's accomplishment, the prototype was accepted and a large business process reengineering project was launched.
>> Simultaneously completed several small-scale projects including both new
development, and system maintenance.

2/1991 - 4/1993
Senior Programmer/Analyst, At A Commercial Software Company
>> Designed, coded and tested commercial sales force automation software
 using C++.
>> Successfully implemented software in multiple languages worldwide.
>> Coordinated development activities with 12 other team members in the
design of distributed database applications and communications with remote computers.
>> Collected requirements from largest customers.
>> Advised corporate steering committee in long-term corporate planning of
software development.

4/1988 - 1/1991
Programmer/Analyst, At A Systems Integrator
>> Designed, coded, and tested a UNIX-based commercial recruiting software
package using the "C" programming language, Informix 4GL, and Informix C-Isam libraries.
>> Functioned as a technical expert to programmers and system administrators
in developing software for UNIX systems, and in installing and maintaining UNIX systems.
>> Duties included directing people in programming and training positions
 for a variety of client projects.
>> Worked directly with clients in defining system needs.

3/1986 - 4/1988
Programmer, At A Large Stock Exchange
>> Designed, coded, and tested UNIX-based trading-floor support systems
 using the "C" programming language.
>> Developed communications software to pass data among critical
 trading-floor systems.
>> Worked with Stratus fault-tolerant systems and linked microcomputers.

5/1984 - 3/1986
Programmer, At A Commercial Software Company
>> Coded and tested client applications programs for inventory control,
accounting, marketing, billing, and tax consolidations. Delivered on time and within budget to clients.
>> Coded and tested a commercial integrated development/runtime environment
 using Assembly language and the "C" language.
>> Successfully completed proprietary screen display libraries to reduce
 code redundancies.
>> Marketing software to illustrate comparative product data with graphics
output. Software used as a sales tool at pharmaceutical trade shows and in field sales.
>> Software for hand held trade recording device. Product was a prime
 contender for use at the Chicago Board of Trade.
>> Created custom interfaces to an insurance industry policy evaluation
 program.
>> SQL database system for tracking and evaluating client demographics in
 restaurant industry.
>> Data conversions between relational and network model databases for legal
 publishing company.
>> Patient data collection program for medical practices and hospitals
 providing multi-parameter reports.
>> Relational database application program used to test for qualification of
 mortgage applicants.
>> Network Model Database for use in spot market pricing applications for
the petroleum industry under UNIX.

EDUCATION:
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, NORTHWESTERN UNIVERSITY