Re: Compiling C program; symbols missing

From: Chuck Sterling <csterlin_at_zianet.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 1998 16:14:11 -0700

Thanks for your responses thus far. I am still out in left field somewhere...
The oracle version I'm working with is 7.1.6 on Solaris 2.5.1.

I've tried several different combinations of parameters to the cc command, which is /opt/SUNWspro/bin/cc and not /usr/ucb/cc. I have yet to find a working set. The closest I've come thus far is:

cc fg_host.c
"fg_host.c", line 250: warning: statement not reached

sqlcex                              fg_host.o
sqlglm                              fg_host.o
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to a.out

I've gotten the same results with:
cc -L $ORACLE_HOME/lib fg_host.c
"fg_host.c", line 250: warning: statement not reached

sqlcex                              fg_host.o
sqlglm                              fg_host.o
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to a.out

where ORACLE_HOME is /usr/oratest/oracle/product/7.1.6 and /usr/oratest/oracle/product/7.1.6/lib contains, among other things, -rw-r--r-- 1 toracle tdba 419558 Mar 22 1995 libsql.a

and with:
cc -L$LD_LIBRARY_PATH fg_host.c
"fg_host.c", line 250: warning: statement not reached

sqlcex                              fg_host.o
sqlglm                              fg_host.o
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to a.out

where LD_LIBRARY_PATH is
/usr/oratest/oracle/product/7.1.6/lib:/opt/SUNWspro/lib:/usr/ucblib

I also tried
cc -L${ORACLE_HOME}/lib fg_host.c -lsql which gave me so many errors that I doubt reproducing them here would be productive...

I probably should have included all this info in my original post. My apology for not doing so.
I think I am still more-or-less at square one, and I am still open for suggestions.
Let's pretend I don't know what I'm doing here and get Really Basic... ;-]>

Thanks again, still,
Chuck Sterling
csterlin_at_zianet.com
csterlin_at_smtp3.wstf.nasa.gov