URGENT Oracle8/ODBC MS Access 97 problems

From: <rawal2207_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 1998 17:05:24 GMT

We are using Oracle 8.0.4.2.1 Server, Windows 95 client with MS Access 97 and Oracle 8.0.5 client with Oracle 8 odbc driver 8.0.5.1b.0

We have a total of about 700 tables and views. We are able to link all the tables and double click them to access data. We are also able to link and access data out of some of the views. But when we try to link some of the other views (300), we get ODBC call failed. On the views that were linked at one time and data was accessible also, at times, the view does not show data and fails with ODBC call failed. Odbc error 3146 seems to show up at these times. The Oracle ODBC trace seems to indicate that first a 'select xx,yy from msysconf' failed (We have been told we can ignore this error, as we don't use msysconf). The second thing we have seen is that a SELECT (all columns) is attempted for the view, which fails and then the trace file indicates ORA 1013 - user issued cancel (This must be the result of the ODBC call failed and saying OK to that pop up window, we assume). The Oracle user_dump_dest location where we generate all user trace files (sql_trace=true) also does not indicate any Oracle errors, just that 0 zeros are fetched. Please note that all Oracle tables and views have VALID status and issuing sql query (that the view uses to access tables) also works. So data or Oracle structures does not seem to be a problem, we feel.

Any input to this is highly appreciated.

Thanks,