Compiling C program; symbols missing

From: Chuck Sterling <csterlin_at_zianet.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 1998 07:55:11 -0700

We're trying to compile a small C program provided by an offshore consulting firm. We compile okay but cannot link to create the executable. This is on a Sun E4000 running Solaris 2.5.1 using Sun-supplied compilers. We consistently get errors from ld referencing "sqlcex" and "sqlglm". Can anyone provide some insight as to where these symbols are "normally" defined, assuming they are not some custom gadget available only from the consultant. If the consultant must provide these, he is apparently not aware of this detail. In any case, I'm open for suggestions and any help you can provide.

Thanks,
Chuck Sterling
csterlin_at_zianet.com
csterlin_at_smtp3.wstf.nasa.gov Received on Tue Nov 10 1998 - 08:55:11 CST