Re: ORA-01400

From: Tim Shute <Tshute_at_nisoft.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 1998 09:03:26 +0000

In article <728ou0$msq$2_at_whale.gu.net>, Pavel I Babachanakh <uxid_at_artintel.cherkassy.ua> writes
> Hi, ALL!
>
> When I INSERT the data into the table which has several
>columns with NOT NULL constraint, I get the following error
>message:
>
>ORA-01400: mandatory (NOT NULL) column is missing or NULL during insert
>
> How can I learn which column has NULL value?
>
>Pavel
>uxid_at_artintel.cherkassy.ua

Pavel,

Am I missing something?

If you DESC table_name it shows you the null / not null columns. If you're not sure which value is null then I suggest you debug your program or check your SQL.

HTH
--
Tim Shute
Software Engineering Manager

NiSoft (UK) Limited
Unit 8, 31 Ballynahinch Road, Carryduff, BELFAST BT8 8EH email: tshute_at_nisoft.co.uk
Internet: www.nisoft.co.uk Received on Tue Nov 10 1998 - 03:03:26 CST