Database backup of Oracle Raw Partition on NT with Arcserv?

From: Nonya Business <nonya_at_bogus.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 1998 00:17:31 GMT

Our DBA, Ed, has decided to put our database on raw partitions. This is good for almost everything except my backups!

How does one back up a raw partition with Arcserv for Windows NT 4.0?

The oracle documentation says to refer to raw partitions (or unformatted drives) as '\\.\f:' for example. Will this notation work in Arcserv? Do I have to do anything special at all? Is there just an option to do a bit-by-bit backup of a drive? Is there this option using the Arcserv client software?

Sorry this is so "Arcserv" intensive, but I figured if anyone would know the solution to this dilemma, it would be a DBA... they know everything... by design -- plus I couldn't find a newsgroup for arcserv on my news service.

Thanks for your time.
--
Andrew Joseph Esposito (AKA: Nonya Business)

Sorry about the bogus email address but spam makes me queasy. A short search on
"Andrew Joseph Esposito" in almost any search engine will produce my webpage which has all my contact information. Received on Mon Nov 09 1998 - 18:17:31 CST