Re: HelP !!! Oracle Web Server ON NT 4.0

From: Stewart Burnett <Stewart_at_burnettms.nospam.demon.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 1998 09:09:37 -0000

  1. Are you using a URL like this to connect to the admin pages http://server_name:8888/
  2. Check that the Web Services have been started using Control Panel >> Services and check for the following services;

If service OracleWRBPrimaryService has not started, start it using the services start button.
If services called OraWeb_..... have not started go to a command prompt and type "owsctl start wrb"
If service OracleWWWListenerAdmin has not started go to a command prompt and type "owsctl start admin"

Do not start the latter two services using the Services Start button.

If the services don't start post the error message and anything in the logs which are in various directories (called log) below $ORACLE_HOME/ows