Oracle-MS SQL compatibility

From: M Henwood <mhenwoo_at_ibm.net>
Date: 8 Nov 1998 17:04:31 GMT

We have client applications written in both VB and Access hitting a SQL 6.5 back end. We use triggers and views (all maintained with ERWIN and thus easily transported).

We would like to utilize Oracle as a backend also but we are unfamiliar with compatibility.

Q - do we have a problem?
Q - is there a compatibility setting or settings in Oracle to have it "look" like SQL 6.5 .

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mark Received on Sun Nov 08 1998 - 11:04:31 CST