Create Table question

From: Teresa Mah <tmah_at_home.com>
Date: Fri, 06 Nov 1998 13:19:00 -0800

Hi,

I'm having problems with the following create table statement:

create table section
( dept char(4) not null,

          . . .
  foreign key (dept, course#) references course

                                    on delete cascade
                                    on update cascade )

The system allows me to write one "on" clause, but not both. For example, I can do "on delete cascade" only, but not "on delete cascade on update cascade".

Does anyone know the right syntax for specifying multiple actions?

Thank you very much. Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Teresa Received on Fri Nov 06 1998 - 15:19:00 CST