Insert into with nowait?

From: Nicolas Bronke <NBronke_at_t-online.de>
Date: 6 Nov 1998 14:19:14 GMT

The statement
  select * from table where id=:id for update nowait prevents that a update or delete my hang, because another user had already locked this record.
Does exist such a possibility also for the insert into command? If I use insert into the command hangs until the other user made a commit/rollback before I get any answer.

Kind regards
Nicolas Bronke Received on Fri Nov 06 1998 - 08:19:14 CST