Re: Please Help: Maximum number of processes exceed

From: Kevin Kirkpatrick <kjk_at_hrb.com>
Date: 1998/11/05

Yes, the default of PROCESSES is 25 which is found in the INIT.ORA. Keep in mind that the number you specify isn't really the number of users that can connect. Background processes will subtract users from this number. There are like 6 background processes, another process is for logon. So, 25 really means like 18 or so users. Also, if you have the dispatcher configured or if GC_LCK_PROCS is set to a non-zero value you will have to subtract even more from that number.

Enjoy!
Kevin