Re: Referetial Integrity, Transactions, Locks, etc

From: <prochak_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Thu, 05 Nov 1998 22:51:15 GMT

In article <3641e1b0.0_at_news.sibs.pt>,
  "Nuno André" <Nuno_Andre_at_pbuilder.airc.pt> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Could you please tell me a place where I can find information about how
> Oracle implements transactions, the types of locks, the isolation levels,
> etc
> I just need a short text about those issues, not a very technical and
> complex document.
>
> Thanks a lot,
> Nuno

Do you have the Oracle manual set?? There used to be, at least in Oracle 7, a good high level discussion of the Multiversioning Method used by oracle. Last time I researched this, only one other database Borland's (now Inprise) InterBase used this method.

Also the DBA or system manuals may have more info. on this than the user manuals. have you tried their web page?

  good luck,
  ed

--
Ed Prochak