Triggers and OS's

From: Karl E. Taylor <ktaylor_at_dragon.illusions.com>
Date: Thu, 05 Nov 1998 15:10:04 -0700

Hello there.

Here's the issue. I need to put in place a trigger that will fire off after a certin table has had an insert (create trigger a after insert on b). Then it does some internal Oracle table stuff, some inserts, deletes, that kind of stuff. Then I need it to go out to the OS and move some files that were used to make the insert happen. Now I have all the other stuff I need done and working, except the OS part. I can't find the syntax for calling the mv command from a UNIX OS to make this happen.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Post or e-mail is fine.
--

Rev. Karl E. Taylor ktaylor_at_dragon.illusions.com

A.A #1143 ULC Minister

Home School Educator for Computer Science

Apostle of Dr. Lao