Start-up script for Unix boxes

From: Mark Gourley <mark_gourley_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 05 Nov 1998 11:14:37 +0000

Having been involved with the installation of Oracle 7.3.x on numerous Unix boxes I've become aware of a service-critical problem, which, while

fairly easy to fix, makes me wonder why Oracle hasn't done something about it...

So, does anyone know why the Oracle installation does not create this file? And, if you have created one which is different from that below I'd like to hear from you.

Cheers,
Mark.

/etc/rc2.d/S98oracle

#!/bin/sh

case $1 in

        'start')
                su - oracle -c 'lsnrctl start'
                su - oracle -c 'dbstart'

;;
'stop') su - oracle -c 'dbshut' su - oracle -c 'lsnrctl stop'
;;
*) echo "usage: oracle start|stop"
;;

esac

exit 0; Received on Thu Nov 05 1998 - 05:14:37 CST