PL/SQL version for Forms 3.0,4.5,5.0 questions...

From: Mark S. Reichman <reichmanm_at_removethis.rl.af.mil.>
Date: 4 Nov 98 20:01:57 GMT

We are uprading our Forms from 3.0 to 5.0. Some of our code is compiling fine but failing to "Behave" as it did in Forms 3.0.
I believe Forms 3.0 and 4.5 used PL/SQL ver 1 and Forms 5.0 uses PL/SQL ver 2. Here is an example of code we had in 3.0.

begin
select yada1, yada2
  into :bing1, :bang2
  from boom
 where yada1 = xyz;
exception
when no_data_found then
null;
when too_many_rows then
null;
end;

Now, believe it or not when you had too_many_rows the ver 1(Forms 3.0,4.5)of PL/SQL would fill the current record of the form with data. I believe it worked out to be the last row selected in the PL/SQL statement. However, the newer
Forms 5.0 ver 2 PL/SQL actually does nothing (Null), just like it says.
No data what so ever is placed into the form when a too_many_rows condition occurs. The PL/SQL user guide says I need to write a cursor to handle the too_many_rows, but cursor code is going to bloat this code into a monster. This is going to be a major pain. This type of thing exists in quite a few forms. Any other ideas? Was this a bug in ver 1 of PL/SQL and we took advantage of it and now its biting us in the rear? Received on Wed Nov 04 1998 - 14:01:57 CST