Re: NT4.0 client SQL*Net problem

From: Steve Culy <sculy_at_boulder.vni.com>
Date: 1998/11/03

I have some more info on this problem. On Billy Verreynne's suggestion, I created a test application to test the SQL*Net install. I copied all of the ODBC calls from my original application to the test application. The test application runs fine, while the original application still fails to connect.

There is one main difference that I can see between these two applications. In the original, ODBC is called from a DLL, which is loaded dynamically from the main executable. In the test application, ODBC is called directly from the main executable. I have double-checked the syntax of the ODBC calls, and I swear that they are identical in the two applications.

Does anyone have any ideas what might be going on?

Thanks,

Steve

--

Steve Culy