Re: Where is news server?

From: Brian Kraft <bhkraft_at_gj.net>
Date: Wed, 04 Nov 1998 03:10:14 GMT

arivlin_at_my-dejanews.com wrote on Tue, 03 Nov 1998 23:04:58 GMT:

(ukn-48-18-70.altera.com)

>I am trying to configure my Netscape message center to read news from here.
>What is the news server name? I am looking for something like news.oracle.com
>or similar. Apparently news.oracle.com is not valid. Please tell me where can
>I read messages posted to this group and also comp.databases.oracle
>comp.database.oracle.server

No oracle.com news server that I know of. Find out if your ISP or employer has a working news server for you to use. 'news.altera.com' has a DNS entry but refuses connections on the standard ports. If you want to use Netscape (or another newsreader client) instead of DejaNews, you might have to use a public news server or buy access to a commercial news service. Followup if you want more info about that. --
b h k Received on Tue Nov 03 1998 - 21:10:14 CST