Re: Kernel Tweaks on SuSE Linux

From: <prochak_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Tue, 03 Nov 1998 16:55:54 GMT

In article <01be0726$cdd829c0$1047ea9e_at_P014635.logica.co.uk>,   "James" <mckayja_at_logica.com> wrote:
> I've just installed Oracle 8.0.5 on SuSe Linux(5.3). However, when I do an
> import I get lots of memory errors. Where exactly do I add the necessary
> Oracle kernel parameters - semaphores etc.? On Solaris boxes, I know there
> is an /etc/system file for this, but I can find nothing similar on Linux.
> Thanks in advance

I just started exactly the same set up. I haven't gotten the instance up yet to import data so you are ahead of me. Let me know what you find out. The SuSE book is very poorly organized. (I'm still not confident in the installed system, but it's running, so I'm continuing with my evaluation.)

Please keep in touch and let me know what you find out. (time to find the LINUX newsgroups)

--
Ed Prochak
Magic Interface, Ltd.