Re: Oracle/SQLNET Link Slowdowns

From: Joachim Carlsson <joachim.carlsson_at_neurope.ikea.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 1998 09:49:08 +0100

Are you running queries with tables in the local and the remote database?

Is this the case the sql-net link breakes down the indexes usage if you use more than 1 table in each. A way around this is the hint which causes an index search (maybe not the one you want ,but index!!)

select /*+ ORDERED */

Regards
/Joachim